We focus on:
Upon completion of this course the graduates can successfully perform duties such as:
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional condition.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assisting doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- To perform venipuncture.
PCT Program prepares for students to work as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in a clinic, a hospital, or an Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.